,

Winnie Mandela Biopic Production Will Continue



Good Monday morning all! Hope everyone has a productive and blessed week. Here's the news for the morning.

According to Access Hollywood, the production of the Winnie Madikizela-Mandela biopic starring Jennifer Hudson, will continue, despite of Ms. Madikizela-Mandela's threats of legal action. The ex-wife of former South African president Nelson Mandela wanted to approve the script before the filming of the biopic went underway. However, film director Darrell Roodt and producer Andre Pieterse decided against it, saying that the film's script had been thoroughly researched and there was no need from influence and interference from the main characters.



Production of the film will begin May 31 in South Africa, lasting for 10 weeks. The biopic will scan Ms. Madikizela-Mandela's life from childhood to the present, and will, of course, entail her marriage to Nelson Mandela and her fight to get him released from prison during South Africa's apartheid era.

My girl Jennifer Hudson will play her role, and Terrence Howard will star as Nelson. Jennifer admitted that she didn't know much about the Mandelas and South Africa before she accepted the role, but she has done her research and seems to be ready to take it on. "I’m still in the process of learning,” she said. “It’s not small shoes to fill, it’s a big deal. And it’s something that I’m extremely excited about.”

I'm excited too. I love movies that detail history, because they give audiences across the world to educate themselves about issues and stories that took place in the past. I honestly, am not all that familiar with this particular story myself, but I look forward to watching the movie and learning. Perhaps I will even pick up a book or two at the library and read up on Ms. Winnie. And my girl Jennifer is going to be in it too?! That's always a plus. I greatly admire her as an actress. Now I'm just gonna need her to come out with a new album, and I'll be straight!

PEACE.

~Brittany Shawnté

0 comments:

Post a Comment