,

"Diary"-Wale (Official Video)

Happy Monday all. I hope everything is well with each of you...

Ok, so I'm beyond excited for this post, because it features Mr. Wale Folarin {DMV where yall at?!} Wale released his video for his new single "Diary" this morning on MTV Jams. I wasn't expecting to see it til Thursday when he is supposed to premiere it on 106 & Park, cuz Loyola doesn't have MTV Jams, but, my luck, Rap Radar posted it for me! So now I'm sharing it with all of you....

This is definitely my favorite song off Wale's album Attention Deficit. The video, directed by Rik Cordero and shot in Brooklyn, is pretty basic, but the lyrics are some of the most beautiful lyrics I have ever heard. Wale basically talks about a woman that has had bad experiences in the past with relationships, and how it is hard for another man to come in and win her heart and trust. It is a very true song. I feel many women today find it hard to open themselves up to men because they continue to let hurt and pain from other relationships paralyze them, and make them fearful that the next man will do the same. I know this first hand. So I say to any woman (or man, possibly) that could have been wronged by a past partner, don't let that keep you from finding true love in another.

Let me stop rapping LOL Enjoy the video!

"Diary"-Wale (Official Video)


PEACE.

~Brittany Shawnté

0 comments:

Post a Comment