, ,

"Un-thinkable (I'm Ready)"-Alicia Keys (Official Video)



So I'm a huge fan of the song "Unthinkable" off of Alicia Keys' newest album The Element of Freedom. In fact, it's probably one of my favorites off of the album, falling second to "That's How Strong My Love Is." The video for the song premiered this morning, and I had to put it up and give my two cents. It takes the audience through different decades and highlights Alicia and Chad Michael Murrary, who are in an interracial relationship. They get flack from their friends and family because it is somewhat unacceptable in families, even today, to date outside of your own race. I connect the concept of the video to the song like this: Despite what everyone around them are saying, Alicia sings "If you ask me, I'm ready." She's ready to do the unthinkable, to take this journey with Chad, because she loves him and it doesn't matter what anyone else says. Great concept Alicia. Watch the video below.

"Un-thinkable (I'm Ready)"-Alicia Keys


PEACE.

~Brittany Shawnté

0 comments:

Post a Comment