,

Wyclef Jean Will Officially Announce Presidency Run This Week

After much speculation, Wyclef Jean is going to announce his bid for president of Haiti this week, according to Time magazine. The country will vote on November 28 to elect a new leader to replace President Rene Preval, whose term ends in February.

"If I can't take five years out to serve my country as President, then everything I've been singing about, like equal rights, doesn't mean anything," Wyclef said in an interview with Time on Tuesday. "If not for the earthquake, I probably would have waited another 10 years before doing this," he continued. "The quake drove home to me that Haiti can't wait another 10 years for us to bring it into the 21st century."

Well, I'm glad. Wyclef is definitely passionate about his native country. He set up his Yele Haiti Foundation in 2005 to aid the people, which has been working to help people in their time of need after the earthquake hit. He's knowledgeable about what's going on there, and seems to be confident that he can make things better for the people. Analysts say he's a shoo-in to win. I think he will make a fine president. What do yall think?
PEACE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment