, , , ,

In The Spotlight: MARiE darapper

Hey guys, happy Monday! Like I told my Twitfam, I know it's Monday (blehhh) but it's another day we've been blessed to see. Somebody would kill to be in your shoes, so make the best of today and this week! LOL I guess I'm just mad happy cuz this is my last week of work for the summer! Chillin til I head back to Loyola on September 5 haha.

Anyways...back to the post. Here is another artist on the rise. I'm proud to present the first female artist that I have had the opportunity to interview: MARiE darapper. Originally from Detroit, MARiE originally got into started getting into music after she won a poetry contest in elementary school. "No one around me was a rapper so I found things to rap about which made me versatile like I am," MARiE said.


In addition to her older brothers having an influence over her rhymes, MARiE has another big time rapper that inspired her to rap: Eminem. "Him being from my city, he would have to be my biggest inspiration," she admitted. She also stated that there are two female rappers that she looks up to as well. "Remy Ma, and right now Nicki Minaj is holding it down, so I watch and learn from her."

So far, MARiE has done several different features on songs and she is presently working on her mixtape entitled Rappem Up. "The feedback I get keeps me going," she said. "Positive feedback lets me know I'm in the right direction and negative feedback lets me know I need to work harder." That's a good mentality to have. Check out her song "K.R.F (Killin Rappaz FAST) BMF Remix" below.



Love her attitude on this song man...Check more of her songs on her YouTube channel and follow her on Twitter!


PEACE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment