, , , , , ,

Miranda Lambert Talks Weight Loss, Marriage to Blake Shelton in Marie Claire


Country singer Miranda Lambert snagged the cover of the January 2015 issue of Marie Claire, openly discussing her marriage of over three years to Blake Shelton, her weight loss, and her feelings on creating music.

Miranda admits that she's head over heels in love with Blake, admitting that he's the light of her life. "I'm not sunshine and roses. Blake's the happiest person on the planet,” she told Marie Claire. “He pulls me out of my darkness … Literally, everything is the best about being married."

The singer also opened up about her recently weight loss (she dropped around 20 pounds earlier this year!). "When you have to walk out there in front of thousands of people, it does feel good to know that your s—t’s not jiggling, I’m just like anybody else, insecure and scared of looking bad or being criticized," she admitted. However, she included that it's not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. "Everybody's making this big, giant thing about it. It's way too much focus on women's bikini photos, and I hate it. Why do we care? I want women to love themselves whatever they've got going on," she continued in the interview.

She also spoke about her start in music, and how she strives to create authentic lyrics.
 "I didn't have any other plans. I didn't go to college,” she said of playing in bars underage without supervision. “There was no, 'if this doesn't work out…' It was like: 'This has to work out!' When I walk into a bar and smell old beer and cigarettes, it smells like home, because that's where I grew up." The singer strives to make real music that people can connect with as well. ""Early on, an artist told me, 'Don't be yourself. Perform and be someone else,’” she said. “And I thought, 'That seems like exactly the opposite of what I should be doing.' Then I had people wanting me to adjust my lyrics to be more appealing to the masses or whatever. I said, 'No, that's bulls—t.’ I'd rather sell four copies of something that's real than 4 million copies of something that's fake." Well all right Miranda!

I'm not in love with the cover, but I loved reading the interview. Both Miranda and Blake seem so down to earth, and this interview proved it even more.



Image via Boe Marion/Marie Claire

0 comments:

Post a Comment