, , , ,

"LoveHate Thing"-Wale (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

"Love you then they hate you then they love you again. Hate you then they love you then they hate you again."-Wale ("LoveHate Thing")

I normally don't post much on weekends. First I want to celebrate the four year anniversary of The Spotlight really quick! This blog has opened several doors for me, and I'm striving to take it to another level! I'm proud of the work that I've done, grateful for the opportunities given and for gaining experience through this blog when I couldn't find anything in the industry. I'm not looking back, but moving forward!

On to business! Wale has officially dropped his video for "LoveHate Thing," his second single off of his upcoming album, The Gifted, which will be released this Tuesday, June 25th! The visual definitely connects well with the message and style of the track. The rapper takes it old school, featuring singer Sam Dew performing with his band, in stylish suits, as the sound is reminiscent of Motown, 50s and 60s era. He reflects on his upbringing, his journey through music, and his rise in his career.

Check out the video below!






Obviously, you know that I'm a huge fan of his, not only because he is from my area and I support my own, but because I respect his artistry and lyricism. I'm TOO excited for Wale's release (if you follow me on Twitter, I'm ALWAYS promoting him in some way). It's just amazing to see how far he has come in this industry, and I'm so proud as a fan to have been along for the journey. Make sure to pick up a copy of The Gifted on June 25th! 

Image via Wale
Video via MTV

0 comments:

Post a Comment